25% Extension, 25% Research
Professional Responsibilities and Activities:
Research: Conduct plant resistance to insects research in maize with emphasis on the European corn borer and the Western corn rootworm. Studies involve efficacy testing of transgenes and identification of new native genes.
Extension: Activities are focused on providing support for the Nebraska crop insects extension programs with an emphasis on maize.
Teaching: Although he has no formal teaching appointment, Dr. Foster teaches Plant Resistance to Insects, Insect Genetics and Laboratory Techniques in Insect Genetics.
Publications: Published over 150 refereed journal articles and research bulletins, 4 book chapters and 30 extension bulletins and other publications dealing with insect and plant genetics, crop protection and sustainable agriculture. Released 9 germplasm lines, 8 cultivars and published on 9 crops.
Department of Entomology
- SUPPORT ENTOMOLOGY
Breaking Entomological News...
- 2013 Pasture Fly Control Recommendations are now available
- Early Online Registration for the North Central Branch meeting of the ESA is now open.
- 57th Livestock Insect Workers Conference - June 22nd - 26th in Nebraska City, Nebraska
- Aphid Speed Scout app is named one of the Best Mobile Agriculture Apps for 2012 by CropLife magazine
- 2013 Beekeeping Workshop Information is now Online
- Celebrating 125 Years of Entomology at the University of Nebraska - Some Department History
- Emerald Ash Borer Look-Alike Insects Sheet