- Professor (Adjunct)
- B.S. in Biology, Eastern Kentucky University, 1975
- M.S. in Entomology, University of Missouri, 1977
- Ph.D. in Entomology, University of Kentucky, 1980
Professional Responsibilities and Activities: Talent Manager R+D, Dow AgroSciences January 2014 â Present.
- Lead recruiting efforts across all R+D.
- Coordinate university and professional society outreach.
- Support internal career development strategies.
- April 2011 â January 2014: Dow AgroSciences LLC, Eastern Research Stations Lead, Fowler, IN. Operational responsibilities for corn and soy research stations in the eastern United States, logistical and tactical support for germplasm and traits.
- 1982-1991: Assistant and Associate Professor of Entomology, University of Georgia, Coastal Plain Station, Tifton, GA. Research focused on biological control and host plant resistance in corn, sorghum and alfalfa.
- 1991-1996: Entomology Coordinator, Pioneer Hi Bred International, Johnston, IA. Responsibilities included discovery protein/gene program, insect rearing, pre-commercial product screening, and serving as an information resource for Sales and Marketing.
- 1996-1998: Directory for Trait Integration and Crop Protection, DEKALB Genetics Corporation, DeKalb, IL. Directed the trait conversion efforts and lead the Entomology and Pathology programs. Lead DEKALB's efforts in IRM.
- June 2000 - October 2006: Lead for all ex-US operations for developing transgenic corn products.Direction for research stations in France, South Africa, Brasil, Argentina, Thailand and Mexico. Responsibilities include four multi-cycle/year corn research and trait conversion nurseries, testing programs, product advancement and serving as information resource for transgenic crops to various research and business teams within the company.Project management lead for product pipelines across all geographies and corn business teams.Lead for North American testing/evaluation for Pathology and Entomology in support of corn product development.
- Wiseman, B.R. and D.J. Isenhour. 1993. Response of four commercial corn hybrids to infestations of fall armyworm and corn earworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Fla. Entomol. 76:283 292.
- Riggin, T.M., K.E. Espelie, B.R. Wiseman, and D .J. Isenhour. 1993. Distribution of fall armyworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) parasitoids on five corn genotypes in South Georgia. Fla. Entomol. 76:292-302.
- Yang, G., K.E. Espelie, B.R. Wiseman, and D.J. Isenhour. 1993. Effect of corn foliar cuticular lipids on the movement of fall armyworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) neonate larvae. Fla. Entomol. 76:302-316.
- Wiseman, B.R. and D.J. Isenhour. 1993. Interaction of diet ingredients with levels of silk of a corn genotype resistant to corn earworm (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). J. Econ. Entomol. 86:1291-1296.
- Wiseman, B.R., M.E. Snook, and D.J. Isenhour. 1993. Maysin content and growth of corn earworm larvae (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) on silks from first and second ears of corn. J. Econ. Entomol. 86:939-944.
- Yang, G., B.R. Wiseman, D.J. Isenhour, and K.E. Espelie. 1993. Chemical and ultrastructural analysis of corn cuticular lipids and their effect on feeding by fall armyworm larvae. J. Chem. Ecol. 19:2055-2074.
- Wiseman, B.R. and D.J. Isenhour. 1994. Resistance in sweet corn to corn earworm larvae. J. Agric. Entomol. 11:157-163.
- Wiseman, B.R. and D.J. Isenhour, EDITOR J.G. du Plessis; J.B.J. van Rensburg, N.W. McLaren, B.C. Flea. 1994. Mechanisms of resistance in maize to Helicoverpa zea and Spodoptera frugiperda. Proc. 10th South African Maize Breeding Symposium, Potchefstroom, South Africa, Mar 17-19 1992.
- Lu, Y.J., G.D. Kochert, D.J. Isenhour, and M.J. Adang. 1994. Molecular characterization of a strain specific repeated DNA sequence in the fall armyworm Spodoptera frugiperda (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Insect Mol. Biol. 3:123-130.
- Lang, B.A., D.J. Moellenbeck, D.J. Isenhour, and S.J. Wall. 1996. Evaluating resistance to Cry1A(b) in European corn borer (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) with artificial diet. Resist. Pest Mgmt. 8:29-31.