75% Teaching, 25% Extension
Teaching: Administration of the distance education program in the department of entomology. Work with students and potential students to ensure success in the program, recruit new students, and develop new, modular educational units. Responsibilities also include working with the faculty to support their contributions to the distance program and contribute to the department through residential as well as distance instruction.
Extension: Responsibilities include preparation of extension educational materials and the development and delivery of entomology/pest management outreach education to Extension Educators and clientele.
- B.S. in Entomology, Colorado State University, 1984
- M.S. in Entomology, Colorado State University, 1986
- Ph.D. in Entomology, University of Nebraska Lincoln, 1990
- Skill Module-Illustration Methods, CSU, 1986
- Principles of Urban Pest Management, UF, 1996, 1997, 1998
- Biology and Identification of Urban Pests, UF, 1996, 1998, 1999
- Insect Classification, UF, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000
- Fundamentals of Pest Management, UF, 1997, 1999
- Seminars in Pest Management, UF, 1999
- Biology and Ecology of Neotropical Insects, UF, 1998
- Urban and Industrial Entomology, UNL (distance), 2005
- Horticultural Entomology, UNL, 2005, 2006
- Project supervisor: Facilitated in the development of undergraduate student research project, UF, 1997-2000.
- Number of invited seminars presented to growers, homeowners, and pest control professionals 1985 - present: approximately 190.
- Created and delivered 3 inservice-training programs to county extension agents, 1996.
- Conducted 15 educational outreach programs in entomology to K - 12 students, 1985 - 2003.
- Written approximately 65 miscellaneous, non-refereed publications.
- Referred journal articles: 34
- Book Chapters: 2