2017 Kansas Entomological Society Meeting
The 93rd Annual Meeting of
the Kansas Entomological Society (Central States Entomological Society) and Beneficial Insect Symposium
April 14 and 15, 2017
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Hosted by the Entomology Department
Guest speakers for the Beneficial Insect Symposium include Dr. Marla Spivak, University of Minnesota, Dr. Jon Lundgren, Director of ECDYSIS Foundation and CEO for Blue Dasher Farm, and Dr. Judy Wu-Smart, Assistant Professor of Entomology, UNL.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln map
Hotels near the University of Nebraska
Restaurants near the University of Nebraska
Abstracts for Oral and Poster Presentations are now being accepted. Access the submission form here. Fill out the form and email it to 2017KES@unl.edu. The deadline for submission is March 31st. We highly encourage undergraduate and graduate students to attend and present their research.
Breaking Entomological News...
- Congratulations to our poster and paper competition winners at the Entomological Society National Meeting - Blessing Ademokoya, Sajjan Grover,Elliot Knoell, Debora Goulart Montezano, Mariana Sanchez, Dariane Souza, Suresh Varsani, and Carter Westerhold
- Interested in grad school? Plan now to attend our Graduate Recruitment Weekend, February 1-3, 2018
- Daily Nebraskan features Steve Spomer's lifelong love of butterflies
- Bruner Club Fall Seminar Series - People Skills
- Wheat Curl Mite Time Machine - an animation demonstrating mite movement and virus impact by Drs. Gary Hein and Justin McMechan
- Emerald Ash Borer Discovered in Nebraska, check out our Emerald Ash Borer Look-Alike Insects Sheet - Be Sure Before You Treat!