Insects in the Classroom: Insect Curriculum
Ants, Bees, and Wasps
Ants - Food Preference
Bees - Color Inquiry
, Scent Inquiry
, Shape Inquiry
, Time Inquiry
Lady Beetles - Food Consumption
, Searching Behavior
Mealworms - Development
, Light Color Inquiry
Butterflies and Moths
Caterpillar Food Consumption
Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches - Food Preference
, Cockroach Olympics
, Cockroach Tractor Pull Poster
Crickets and Grasshoppers
Crickets - Crickets and Temperature
Grasshoppers - Grasshopper Long Jump
Termite Inquiry, PaperMate Inquiry
Isopods - Habitat Preference, Light Preference
Millipedes - Food Preference
Breaking Entomological News...
- Congratulations to all of our student winners at the ESA National Meeting - Andrea Rilaković, 1st Place Undergrad Virtual Poster, Sajjan Grover, 2nd Place Grad Infographic, Jeffrey Cluever, 2nd Place Grad Infographic, Earl Agpawa, 2nd Place Undergrad Poster, Timothy Dang, 2nd Place Grad Poster, Annie Krueger, 1st Place Grad Poster and 1st Place 3-Minute Competition, Jordy Reinders, 1st Place Oral paper, Gabriela Carmona, 2nd Place Oral paper, Molly Darlington, 1st Place Oral paper, and Kelly Willemssens (SNR student), 2nd Place 3-Minute Competition. The group came in second in the number of awards won by one department.
- Dr. Joe Louis receives the Early Career Innovation award from the Entomological Society of America
- Congratulations to Dr. Troy Anderson on being elected Vice President Elect for the Physiology, Biochemistry, and Toxicology Section of the Entomological Society of America!
- Scott O’Neal (NIFA Postdoctoral Fellow with Troy Anderson) was recognized as the 2019 New Investigator of the Year by the American Chemical Society AGRO Division. Congratulations, Scott!
- Dr. Kyle Koch named new insect diagnostician
- Check out the Emerald Ash Borer Resource Center, and our Emerald Ash Borer Look-Alike Insects Sheet - Be Sure Before You Treat!