Breaking Entomological News...
- Congratulations to Dr. Troy Anderson on being elected Vice President Elect for the Physiology, Biochemistry, and Toxicology Section of the Entomological Society of America!
- Scott O’Neal (NIFA Postdoctoral Fellow with Troy Anderson) was recognized as the 2019 New Investigator of the Year by the American Chemical Society AGRO Division. Congratulations, Scott!
- New Milkweed in the classroom program.
- Come to BugFest on September 29th!
- Dr. Louise Lynch-O'Brien introduces a new citizen science project - Tick Tag Go
- Dr. Jeff Bradshaw was selected to be the editor of the "Field and Bench" department of the American Entomologist
- Dr. Kyle Koch named new insect diagnostician
- Dr. Joe Louis is granted a five-year, $1.5 million Faculty Early Career Development Program award from the National Science Foundation to study sorghum plant resistance to sugarcane aphid
- Check out the Emerald Ash Borer Resource Center, and our Emerald Ash Borer Look-Alike Insects Sheet - Be Sure Before You Treat!
Entomology Values (Entomology Code of Conduct)
The Department of Entomology values a culture of respect, and recognizes that words and actions matter and that the absence of action and words matter. We embrace a shared responsibility to create a positive culture and to safeguard equity, inclusion, dignity, and respect no matter race, ethnicity and national origins, gender and gender identity, sexuality, disability, class and religion.