Department of Entomology | University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Entomology Values …
The Department of Entomology values a culture of respect, and recognizes that words and actions matter and that the absence of action and words matter. We embrace a shared responsibility to create a positive culture and to safeguard equity, inclusion, dignity, and respect no matter race, ethnicity and national origins, gender and gender identity, sexuality, disability, class and religion.
Breaking Entomological News...
- Congratulations to our ESA National Meeting Student Award Winners - Jordy Reinders, 1st Place - Ten Minute Talk, Molly Darlington, 2nd Place - Ten Minute Talk, Jeff Cluever, 2nd Place - Poster, and Justine LaViolette, Honorable Mention - Video Contest
- Dr. Scott O'Neal wins the 2018 Outstanding Postdoctoral Scholar Award.
- 2019 Beekeeping Workshops - Introductory (Year 1) Beekeeping - Mead and Lincoln, Introductory (Year 1 and 2) Beekeeping - Scottsbluff, Introductory (Year 2 ) Beekeeping - Mead and Lincoln, and Advanced Pest and Pathogen Diagnostics - Mead
- Retirement reception for Jim Kalisch and Bob Roselle, December 7th, 2-4pm, East Campus Union
- Extension Educator, Insect Diagnostician position open
- Dr. John Ruberson named head of the Department of Entomology
Wheat Curl Mite Time Machine - an animation demonstrating mite movement and virus impact by Drs. Gary Hein and Justin McMechan
Check out the Emerald Ash Borer Resource Center, and our Emerald Ash Borer Look-Alike Insects Sheet - Be Sure Before You Treat!