Welcome to the Department of Entomology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln!
The UNL Department of Entomology will lead in innovative discovery, education, and service to Nebraska and the world.
We are Nebraska’s authority in entomology.
- We improve lives in Nebraska and the world through globally relevant and outstanding research, extension, and teaching.
- We succeed through a collegial, inclusive, enthusiastic department where we value respect for all, work/life balance, team and multidisciplinary collaborations, and shared accomplishments.
Breaking Entomological News...
- We are well-represented in ESA North Central Branch awards this year. Déia Montezano is the 2020 John Henry Comstock Outstanding PhD Student Award winner, Gary Brewer is the 2020 recipient of the Award of Merit, and Bob Wright is the 2020 recipient of the C.V. Riley Award. Congratulations, Déia, Gary, and Bob!
- Dr. Joe Louis receives the Early Career Innovation award from the Entomological Society of America
- Congratulations to Dr. Troy Anderson on being elected Vice President Elect for the Physiology, Biochemistry, and Toxicology Section of the Entomological Society of America!
- Scott O’Neal (NIFA Postdoctoral Fellow with Troy Anderson) was recognized as the 2019 New Investigator of the Year by the American Chemical Society AGRO Division. Congratulations, Scott!
- Dr. Kyle Koch named new insect diagnostician
- Check out the Emerald Ash Borer Resource Center, and our Emerald Ash Borer Look-Alike Insects Sheet - Be Sure Before You Treat!
Entomology Values (Entomology Code of Conduct)
The Department of Entomology values a culture of respect, and recognizes that words and actions matter and that the absence of action and words matter. We embrace a shared responsibility to create a positive culture and to safeguard equity, inclusion, dignity, and respect no matter race, ethnicity and national origins, gender and gender identity, sexuality, disability, class and religion.