The Department of Entomology values the contributions of each person and strives to make each interaction matter. We are committed to engaging in practices that demonstrate the value of diversity and inclusive excellence. We succeed through a collegial, inclusive, enthusiastic department where we value respect for all, work/life balance, team and multidisciplinary collaborations, and shared accomplishments.
We Strive to Be Intentional, Accountable and Reflective
We encourage participation in a number of programs and resources that help inform and advance our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Ouch! and other trainings provided
- Workshops offered through the UNL Women’s Center and UNL LGBTQA+ Center
- UNL student organization for Chapter of Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS)
Our personnel and programs strive to provide the leadership to effectively deal with differing ideas and views to enable them to interact with diverse people and cultures in meaningful and constructive ways. We are also actively looking for people who will contribute to the diversity of the Department of Entomology community. We strongly encourage applications for faculty, staff, and administrator positions from groups who are underrepresented in the Department of Entomology.
- The percent of undergraduate minorities enrolled in CASNR continues to increase each year
- Faculty, students, and staff advise the IANR Leadership Team on efforts to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment
- Modifications to the physical environment are being examined to improve accessibility and inclusion
Department of Entomology
|John Ruberson||Chair, Department head||Undef|
|Ana Vélez||Assistant Professor, research||Undef|
|Louise Lynch-O’Brien||Assistant Professor, teaching||Undef|
|Lise Pingault||Staff/Postdoc representative||2022|
|Vilma Montenegro||Grad student representative||2022|
IANR Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Group
The IANR Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group consists of faculty, students, and staff that advise the IANR Leadership Team on efforts to create a more welcoming and inclusive environment within IANR.