Dr. John Foster (Emeritus)
Dr. John E. Foster
- Emeritus Research & Extension Entomologist
- Office: 211 Entomology Hall
- Mailing Address:
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Department of Entomology
103 Entomology Hall
- Phone: (402) 472-8686
- FAX: (402) 472-4687
- Email: JFOSTER1@UNL.EDU
Published over 150 refereed journal articles and research bulletins, 4 book chapters and 30 extension bulletins and other publications dealing with insect and plant genetics, crop protection and sustainable agriculture. Released 9 germplasm lines, 8 cultivars and published on 9 crops.
- B.A. in Biology, Central Methodist College, 1964
- M.S. in Entomology, University of Missouri, 1966
- Ph.D. in Entomology, Purdue University, 1971
- Outstanding Scientist Award, Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society, 1998.
- Crops and Soils Award of Merit, Indiana Crop Improvement Association 1988.
- Who's Who in Technology, 6th Edition.
- Who's Who in Frontiers of Science, 1st Edition.
- Who's Who in the Midwest, 18th Edition.
- Who's Who in American Men and Women, 13th Edition.
Breaking Entomological News...
- Insect Science major Earl Agpawa (conducting undergraduate research with Joe Louis and Eileen Hebets) was named the 2020 winner of the ESA’s Plant-Insect Ecosystems Undergraduate Student Achievement Award.This is a national award that recognizes outstanding accomplishments in entomology by an undergraduate student working with insect-plant interactions. Congratulations, Earl!
- PhD student Sajjan Grover (mentored by Joe Louis) was named the 2020 winner of the ESA’s Plant-Insect Ecosystems Kenneth and Barbara Starks Plant Resistance to Insects Graduate Student Award. This is a national award recognizing a graduate student for outstanding work in the area of host plant resistance. Congratulations, Sajjan!
- Dr. Joe Louis receives a grant to study resistance in sorghum to fall armyworm
- Check out the Emerald Ash Borer Resource Center, and our Emerald Ash Borer Look-Alike Insects Sheet - Be Sure Before You Treat!