|Appointment: 100% Administration
- B.S. in Biology Teaching, Brigham Young University, 1982
- M.S. in Zoology, Brigham Young University, 1984
- Ph.D. in Entomology, minor in Plant Pathology, Cornell University, 1989
Professional Responsibilities and Reserach Emphasis:
My current responsibilities are focused on administering the department as department head. My research interests are in the areas of (1) biological control of arthropod pests, (2) interactions of arthropod natural enemies with crop production practices, (3) integrated pest management, (4) sustainable agriculture, and (5) ecology of insect predators and parasitoids.
Selected Recent Publications:
- Insects and People
- Biological Control
- General Entomology
- Principles of Integrated Pest Management
- Olson, DM, KR Prescott, AR Zeilinger, S Hou, AW Coffin, CM Smith, JR Ruberson, DA Andow. 2018. Landscape effects on reproduction of Euschistus servus (Hemptera: Pentatomidae), a mobile, polyphagous, multivoltine arthropod herbivore. Environmental Entomology 47: 660-668.
- Olson, DM, AR Zeilinger, KR Prescott, AW Coffin, JR Ruberson, DA Andow. 2018. Landscape effects on Solenopsis invicta (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) and Geocoris spp. (Hemiptera: Geocoridae), two important omnivorous arthropod taxa in field crops. Environmental Entomology 47: 1057-1063.
- Khan, M, JR Ruberson. 2017. Lethal effects of selected novel pesticides on immature stages of Trichogramma pretiosum (Hymenoptera: Trichogrammatidae). Pest Management Science 73: 2465-2472.
- Nechols, JR, JJ Obrycki, JR Ruberson, LR Milbrath, GS Albuquerque, Y-F Chang, J Lopez-Arroyo. 2017. Integrating science with practice: A tribute to the life and work of Maurice J. Tauber. American Entomologist 63: 251-258.
- Wickings, KW, JR Ruberson. 2016. Impact of the red imported fire ant, Solenopsis invicta, on egg predation at the soil surface and in cotton foliage. Annals of Applied Biology 169(3): 319-328.
- Olson, DM, JR Ruberson, DA Andow. 2016. Relative longevity of adult Nezara viridula (Hemiptera: Penatatomidae) in field cages of cotton, peanut and soybean. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata 159: 30-36.
- Cottrell, TE, BW Wood, CM Paulsen, X Ni, JR Ruberson. 2015. Distribution of the Black pecan aphid on pecan leaf surfaces: an overview. ISHS Acta Horticulturae 1070: 159-165.
- Khan, M, H Khan, JR Ruberson. 2015. Lethal and behavioral effects of selected novel pesticides on adults of Trichogramma pretiosum (Trichogrammatidae: Hymenoptera). Pest Management Science 71: 1640-1648.
- Chen, Y, JR Ruberson, X Ni. 2014. Influence of host plant nitrogen fertilization on haemolymph protein profiles of herbivore Spodoptera exigua and development of its endoparasitoid Cotesia marginiventris. Biological Control 70: 9-16.
- Rodrigues, ARS, JR Ruberson, JB Torres, HAA Siqueira, JG Scott. 2013. Pyrethroid resistance and its inheritance in a field population of Hippodamia convergens (Guérin-Méneville) (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae). Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology 105: 135-143.
- Hagenbucher, S, FL Wackers, FE Wettstein, DM Olson, JR Ruberson, J Romeis. 2013. Pest tradeoffs in technology: Reduced damage by caterpillars in Bt cotton benefits aphids. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, Biological Sciences 280:
- Gardner, WA, HB Peeler, J LaForest, PM Roberts, AN Sparks, Jr., JK Greene, D Reisig, DR Suiter, JS Bacheler, K Kidd, CH Ray, XP Hu, RC Kemerait, EA Scocco, JE Eger, JR Ruberson, EJ Sikora, DA Herbert, C Campana, S Halbert, Sd Stewart, GD Buntin, MD Toews, CT Bargeron. 2013. Confirmed distribution and occurrence of Megacopta cribraria (F.) (Hemiptera: Heteroptera: Plataspidae) in the southeastern United States. Journal of Entomological Science 48(2): 118-127.
- Hagenbucher, S, DM Olson, JR Ruberson, FL Wäckers, J Romeis. 2013. Resistance mechanisms against arthropod herbivores in cotton and their interactions with natural enemies. Critical Reviews in Plant Sciences 32: 458-482.
- Ruberson, JR, K Takasu, GD Buntin, JE Eger, WA Gardner, JK Greene, TM Jenkins, WA Jones, DM Olson, PM Roberts, DR Suiter, and MD Toews. 2013. From Asian curiosity to eruptive American pest: Megacopta cribraria (Hemiptera: Plataspidae) and prospects for its biological control. Applied Entomology and Zoology 48: 3-13.