|Appointment: 50% Extension, 50% Research
Professional Responsibilities and Activities:
- B.A. in Zoology, University of California at Santa Barbara, 1975
- M.S. in Entomology, University of Arizona, 1977
- Ph.D. in Entomology, North Carolina State University, 1981
- Conduct research and Extension programs on insect pest management of field crops. Currently working primarily on corn and soybean insects.
- Coordinator of Nebraska Extension IPM programs
- Member of NCERA 222, USDA Multistate Committee on IPM
- Member of NCERA-220, USDA Multistate Committee on Arthropod Biological Control
- Member of NC 246, USDA Multistate Committee on Corn Insect Management
- ESA committees:
- North Central Branch representative to ESA Science Policy Capacity committee, 2018-2020
- 2012 North Central Branch ESA, Program Chair
- North Central Branch ESA, Executive Committee, At-large Member, 2014 - 2016
- Sixty-five refereed journal articles, six book chapters, two research bulletins and numerous scientific abstracts dealing with biology and integrated pest management of insect pests of corn, sorghum, wheat, cotton, potatoes, turf and ornamental crops.
- See http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/entomologyfacpub/ for publications available online.
- Outstanding Young Scientist, University of Nebraska Chapter, Sigma Xi, 1990.
- Selected for National Extension Leadership Development program in North-Central Region, 1996-97 Class.
- North Central Branch Nominee for Entomological Society of America Award of Excellence in Integrated Pest Management, 1997.
- 2000 Specialists Section, Distinguished Service Award, Nebraska Cooperative Extension Association.
- 2007 Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Award, Nebraska Sustainable Agriculture Society.
- 2009 Educational Project Award, The Grasshoppers of Nebraska, Board Certified Entomologists of Mid-America, ESA
- 2011 IPM Team Award, European corn borer Team, Entomological Foundation.
- 2015 North Central Branch ESA Distinguished Achievement Award in Extension
- 2015 Educational Project Award, Corn Rootworm Management in the Transgenic Era, Board Certified Entomologists of Mid-America, ESA
- 2016 Distinguished Achievement Award in Extension, ESA
- 2018 International IPM Award of Excellence, North Central Soybean Entomology Research and Extension Team, International IPM Symposium