Turfgrass Pests & Beneficials Index
Surface Feeders - Chewing
Surface Feeders - Sucking
Entomology News at Nebraska
Breaking Entomological News...
- Join the Entomology Department as we hold a virtual Graduation Celebration on Friday, May 7, 11 a.m. (central) via Zoom (https://unl.zoom.us/j/98456239837). Congratulations to our graduates: Ph.D. - Sajjan Grover and Jordy Reinders; M.S. - Jenna Chappell, Samantha Daniel, Kathlyne Rog, Josh Shoemaker, Chris Tankersley, and Timothy Wucherer; B.S. in Insect Science - James Schacht and Courtney Wallner.
- Kate Chapman, extension educator and Entomology alumna, was interviewed by Channel 10/11 about tick season in Nebraska. The peak season for ticks in Nebraska is May and June, according to Chapman. See her video interview on the 10/11 website.
- Congratulations to Dr. Kristin Lewis, one of our online MS in Entomology students, on her retirement from Civil Service on March 27! In this picture, she is being presented an Award for Civilian Achievement by Lt. Col. Mary C. Yelnicker (left). Lewis served as a Training Development Element Chief, 381st Training Support Squadron, 82nd Training Group, 82nd Training Wing, Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA, from April 24, 2014-March 27, 2021. Her nominator wrote that Lewis's "efforts ensured continuation of the Basic Instructor Course during Coronavirus pandemic restrictions, meeting Community College of the Air Force accreditation requirements for 53 instructors and zero mission impacts to training. The distinctive accomplishments of Dr. Lewis reflect credit upon herself and the United States Air Force."
- Congratulations to Dr. Joe Louis on being promoted to full Professor and to Dr. Jody Green on being promoted to Associate Extension Educator! They were among 109 faculty members at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln who were promoted this year.
- Ph.D. candidate Jordy Reinders was featured in the IANR Student Spotlight recently. Jordy will be graduating in May 2021 with a degree in Entomology. Reinders is advised by Dr. Lance Meinke.
- Insect Science student Courtney Wallner was featured in a Nebraska Today article about becoming a veterinarian for bees. Wallner is graduating in May and plans to attend vet school at Tufts University, Medford, MA. Great work Courtney!