Bed Bugs and Bat Bugs (bedbatbg)
Entomology News at Nebraska
Breaking Entomological News...
- Graduate student Samantha Daniel did an awesome job being interviewed by KODY radio about overwintering insects!! http://www.huskeradio.com/mugs-in-the-morning/. Samantha is a master's student mentored by Dr. Julie Peterson.
- Congrats to John Ruberson and Tom Weissling who were honored at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Family and Friends Recognition Awards. These awards are nominations by parents for faculty and staff who have a made a significant difference in the students’ lives. Tom has now been recognized twice with this award! Congratulations! And a big thank you to the thoughtful students and parents.
- Dr. Jeff Bradshaw was chosen as president-elect of the North Central Branch of the Entomology Society of America. Bradshaw is an associate professor of Entomology, extension specialist, and interim director of the Panhandle Research and Extension Center in Scottsbluff.
- Entomology Alumna Jennifer Weisbrod was recently selected as the new Pesticide Safety Education Program coordinator in the Department of Agronomy and Horticulture. Weisbrod graduated with her master's degree in Entomology in 2020 and is taking the reins from her predecessor Clyde Ogg, emeritus extension educator.
- Congratulations to departmental alumna Dr. Silvana Paula-Moraes who was recently named the recipient of the 2021 Department of Entomology Alumni Recognition Award. She presented a online seminar in connection with the award on Monday, March 1, 2021.
- The UNL Department of Entomology has been awarded the Seven Seals Award by the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). The Seven Seals Award is presented in recognition of significant individual or organizational achievement, initiative, or support that promotes and supports the ESGR mission, to include the efforts of the more than 4,500 volunteers who carry out ESGR’s mission across the nation on a daily basis. The Entomology Department is fortunate to support Courtney Brummel and Sheldon Brummel in their service to the nation. Thanks for the nomination, Courtney and Sheldon!